Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Quick and Easy Roasted Tomato Soup

I made this the other day for Claire and I and it was so easy and yummy I thought I'd share! To roast the tomatoes simply split them with a deep X in the middle, drizzle with olive oil and pop them each in a muffin tin! Bake low and slow until your house smells yummy and the toms look juicy! I did 250 for 30-40 minutes. Then it's as simple as tossing them in a pot with some stock ( I had some homemade chicken stock in my freezer), some diced raw garlic, fresh herbs (I used basil, rosemary and thyme) salt, pepper and lots of onions. I let this all simmer until the onions and garlic were cooked then I blended it all up with my handheld Brevel mixer wand. YUMO! This is packed with vitamin C and lots of germ fighting goodness. Enjoy!

4 comments: