Monday, June 25, 2012

When Life Bitch Slaps You, What do you Do?

I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Even the horrible stuff. When life throws its worst at me I often find myself asking why? What am I to learn from this? Or in this case....what is the cosmos trying to tell me? Why is it yelling at me, and why didn't I listen sooner? Today is my birthday, I am 32 years young, yet I am stuck on my couch because my body is falling apart one me. AGAIN. The past 4-6 months has been an up and down cycle of pain and illness. Every time I get sick or hurt my back/neck I say to myself that is it! This time I will change. I start out with noble intentions of doing yoga, walking more, going vegetarian, and drinking lots of green smoothies while reading books on health, spirituality and inspiration. Then a few days later I find myself sitting on the couch, glass of wine in hand, watching the food network.

I know I am not alone, we all do this. BUT WHY? Why do we not give ourselves what we deserve? Why do we not honor the temple that is our body? This life, this body is a gift we have been given? Why don't we honor that?

And so today, on my birthday, as I sit here in pain on the couch unable to move I make a vow: ENOUGH. It is time to truly start living, it's time for this blog to live up to it's name as I begin my search...I hope you will all follow along, encourage me, and maybe join in.

Peace, love and pickles


4 comments:

  1. Love you, sweet lady. You know what is right for your body. Give it what it needs, and it will give you what you want. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ask the same questions to myself a lot these days and have been journalling a lot to just go through what's going on in my mind.
    Getting to the root of why we do this to ourselves is so tough but i really think it is about awareness of the things we crave, the actions we take it's about looking at them from a different lens.
    I wish you lots of love and self-awareness on your path!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. man I need to journal again too! Good for you hun!

      Delete