Friday, January 6, 2012

Are You a Brave Woman?

Have you taken the Brave Woman pledge yet? I have!

"I pledge to honor and respect brave women and children who tackle the difficult journey of change from domestic violence to a new life. I acknowledge my own moment-by-moment bravery, will remain aware of what is happening to others around me, and speak up against violence in any form. I will stand up for human dignity and safety for women and children."

Violence against women is still real and true in this world....sadly. As far as we have come, as much as we have progressed there are still women and children who live in fear. Being silent about it DOES NO GOOD! Making the woman feel like a victim, like she is weak, like she should know better DOES NO GOOD! Failing to educate men and our boy children on what a good man looks like DOES NO GOOD!



For many women it is not as simple as just "walking away" from an abusive relationship, especially if she is low income, has children, or has already been a victim of violence in her childhood as well. Sadly some women don't know a better life. The cycle of violence runs very deep, and can be a hard thing to unravel. I have known women in my life that suffered at the hands of a loved one, but they are NOT victims! They are strong women warriors, SURVIVORS, that managed to escape the cycle of violence. But they had help, support, guidance and love.

Show your support of brave warrior women!



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment