Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Easy Peasy Apple Crumble!

I recently made an Apple Crumble for my family, and it was a huge hit! It was so easy to make that I thought I would share the recipe with you all...frankly I don't know why I don't make this every night! It was that easy!

First things first...gather yourself some delicious apples! I recommend granny smith as they stand up to baking really well and their tartness adds a nice touch to a sweet dish. I didn't have quite enough so I tossed in a red apple here as you can see. Well you are at it, pour yourself a glass of wine! I did, an essential part of the procedure I think....


Slice up those apples! I leave the skins on personally for the goodness in them, but you could peel them if you like....but this is an "easy peasy" recipe! So I say leave 'em! I recommend cutting them a bit thicker then I did so that they have some density to them after baking, kind of how you would for an apple pie. Some of mine where just a bit too thin and mushy for my liking.


Once your apples are sliced, fill a square, greased, baking dish with them. Now, in a bowl mix together the following: 1/2 cup of quick cooking oats, 1/2 a cup of flower, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp nutmeg and 1/3 cup of melted butter. Just toss it all in there! No need to be pretty or perfect here because all you are going to do is mush it together! Go ahead! MUSH! Stir it all up and this will be your crumble!


Spread the crumble mixture on top of your sliced apples and bake in the oven at 350 for 30-45 minutes, or until your crumble is golden brown. Allow it to cool a bit and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top....YUM! But uhm....if you plan to blog about it remember to take a picture before its all gone! We ate the whole damn thing before I realized that. THAT'S HOW GOOD IT WAS! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment