Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Long Hot Showers, A Mother's Best Friend


 Because gratitude is the best attitude...
I tell yah, when you become a parent your favorite thing in the whole world quickly becomes a long, hot, uninterrupted shower. I dream of them. Crave them. They make me feel whole again. Especially after my c-section, when the recovery was so brutal and I felt so awful....a hot shower made me feel human again. Claire is always cleaner then me and often dressed better then me. I wear yoga gear 9 times out of ten and always have spit up on my shirt. But give me a hot shower and I could take over the world! It is my ME TIME. No baby, no stress, no housework. Just me and some relaxing hot water. You become grateful for such simple things after having a child.

Tell me, what are you thankful for this week?


As always, I am linking up with the fabulous blog hop over on Maxabella Loves today! Join in on the fun, it's a wonderful group of bloggers!

4 comments:

  1. Take not for granted the little things as one day you may realize that they were the bigger things...

    I hear ya sister! Well, my kids are way past the stage of spit-up and diapers but I do know how you feel still to this day. Husband, kids, dogs, cats and the needs of my fellow co-workers definitely take it right out of me!

    Take care and take the time...soon that moment will be gone and you won't know where it went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! If there is one thing that a child teaches you it is to appreciate the little things in life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You couldn't be more right! This morning my husband ensured the kids had breakfast so I could have a sleep in. And I can tell you, that NEVER happens.

    As for an uninterrupted shower... bliss.

    Thanks so much for linking up this weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete