Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Nursery Tour with Maryam of Pamplemousse1983!

Hello Searching for Serendipity readers!  My name is Maryam and I blog over at Pamplemousse1983.  I'm so excited to guest blog for Kami while she's bonding with her new little one!  I can't wait to meet my own little one who's due in mid-June.  Of course I've been getting ready and even have the nursery done.  I think it's the fastest I've ever decorated any of the rooms in our house.  It's funny because baby probably won't even be using the nursery until she's 3 or 4 months old.  We'll be having her sleep in her bassinet next to our bed until then.  However, I was so excited and wanted the room to be perfect when we bring her home that I couldn't wait to get it all set up.  So here's a little tour of what I've put together...

This adorable crocheted Unicorn hangs just above the door...

From Crochette

Here we have the wall that the door is located in...when you walk in the changing table etc will be to your left.  The lanterns are decorations left over from the baby shower, and I made the origami crane mobile.  You can get the tutorial here.  The frames house the thumbprint guestbook from the baby shower, and prints from Catherine Campbell, Signifying Not and another artist I unfortunately can't remember.







We still need to get the changing pad so that's where the stuffed toys are living for now.  Little Foot was my husband's from when he was little and the large rabbit is mine from when I was little!




Here's the reading nook!  I can't wait to fill up all the shelves with books, but this will have to do for now.  The Monchichi, Kewpie doll and little stuffed doll on the top left shelf were mine when I was little, as is the little Kokeshi doll on top of the bookcase.  The bear and bunny were painted by my husband when he was in preschool!  The ABC poster is by Nate Duvall, the colored frames are from Loves Me Knot, Alice in Wonderland prints are from Black Baroque.  The stacked animal puzzle is by Dwell Studio.






I made the fabric letters myself, you can find my tutorial here.  They are one of my favorite parts of the room! You can see the crib mattress hiding behind the bassinet. I love that it matches the walls, haha.  Our bassinet converts to a crib and then converts to a toddler bed!  Isn't that great!  I love the clean lines and the fact that it is rounded at the edges instead of square.  I don't know why but I do.



And that concludes our little nursery tour.  Congratulations again to Kamika and Ryan and their little family!


signature 





PS: Don't forget to click here to vote for my blog on Top Baby Blogs! No sign up needed, just a simple click to vote! Thank you so very much xoxoxo
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

2 comments:

  1. I love all those colours. I think the birds on the branch are fantastic. So simple but so effective. What a lucky baby to have this room.

    ReplyDelete