Monday, May 16, 2011

Motherhood Monday: 37 Weeks


This is the last Motherhood Monday post I will write while pregnant....WILD! Tomorrow I go in for my scheduled (insert sad face here) c-section and although I am still devastated that I will not be able to birth naturally I am over the initial shock and am just excited to meet my child! Tomorrow morning the Bug will be out of my tummy and in my arms! All warm, snuggly and soft....I WILL BE A MOTHER! Wow. Still after 37 weeks this takes me by surprise, me! A mother? Really? You mean I get to take this fragile, tender, small little human being home with me???! But I imagine everyone feels like this with their first child, I know Ryan feels the same way I do. It's a good kind of shock, a good kind of wow. The kind of wow that makes life beautiful. And my life is set to become that much more beautiful by this time tomorrow! Once baby and I have had some time to relax and get to know each other I promise to post a quick update and a photo. Will the bug be a girl or a boy? Weeeeeeeeeeeeee! Tomorrow we will know!

As far as how I am physically feeling at 37 weeks I feel like I am a ten tonne sausage shoved into a teeny tiny sock. I AM JAMMED FULL OF BABY! This kid is still moving and squirming lots, making my ribs and mid back constantly ache. But that is ok, every movement the bug does makes the bleeding I have been having seem much less scary. It has slowed as of yesterday and I am very grateful. Sleeping has been difficult though, I get really scared at night that I am going to "bleed out" like the OB feared and that I wont make it to the hospital in time for me or the bug. Every tiny twinge, cramp, and ache I feel in my uterus sets panic in....not good for sleep, and not good for baby. So I try to relax and take deep breathes, but all in all it has been making for some really restless nights! Ryan is home now though, and that makes everything SO MUCH BETTER! Today is the last day of just "Ryan and I" its a pretty crazy thought! Tomorrow our entire lives are set to change!! I will keep you all posted and as always....peace, love and pickles my dears!

I have some FABULOUS guest bloggers lined up for you all while I am recovering from the birth, I hope you will all stop by and give them lots of love and comments! I am so very grateful for their help!!!!



8 comments:

  1. Not so much about the C-section but the fact that you'll be holding the Bug tomorrow is soooooo exciting! Congrats I pray that it all goes well and that Bug and you will be healthy and happy after the surgery :) Hope it all goes well lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots and lots of luck for tomorrow :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you love, and a safe and nourishing delivery tomorrow. You WILL be fine- your body can do it!
    Can't wait for you to share the details.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eep! I'm so excited for you to meet the bug! Enjoy enjoy enjoy today and spend some much-needed alone time with Ryan before tomorrow :) I guess the one good thing about the c-section is that you know for sure this is the last day you two will be alone and you can spend it how you like.
    Lots and lots of love and good thoughts for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you to meet your baby! I am sending you good thoughts and prayers for you to heal not only physically but emotionally. It is okay to grieve the birth you were wanting. It's healthy. But your baby will be healthy and beautiful and that's really all we can ask for. Life doesn't always go our way but it's still worth it. :) Love to you Mommas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! How exciting that you will be holding your little one tomorrow. It is a life changing moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much everyone! We are getting pretty excited and putting the finishing touches on the bugs room, its fun nesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck today! Can't wait to see pics of the bug!

    ReplyDelete