Monday, May 9, 2011

Motherhood Monday: 36 Weeks


Today is a big day! I am 36 weeks and go for the next ultrasound scan to see if my placenta has moved enough to allow me to birth naturally. I have blogged about this here and here but basically my placenta is "low lying" and too close to my cervix. This is common and 90% of the time it moves out of the way by 30(ish) weeks....but mine didn't. So I go again for another scan to see if it has moved to at least 2 cm away, if not then it is a planned cesarean for me and my bug. SO WISH US LUCK! Say a prayer, light a candle, send love vibes, whatever you believe in! The bug and I are praying that we will be allowed to work as the natural birthing team we are! FINGERS CROSSED! I will let you know how it goes....

Today is also a big day because it is Monday, and I am an NOT at work! That is right kittens this mamma is on maternity leave and LOVING IT! I got up this morning and asked myself "Kami, what do you want to do today?" and it felt so good! I am planning on using these next 4 weeks to nest, sleep, go for lots of walks, craft and read lots of books. I am also currently painting a picture for above the bugs crib, Ill post a sneak peak picture for you all soon but to give you a hint....it involves FOXES :)

Yesterday was also Mothers Day of course, not usually a good day for me as I blogged about here, but it was AWESOME! Everyone kept telling me it was my "first mothers day" and although I felt silly at first I really did enjoy myself. As the hubz said I have been "mothering" the bug for 36 weeks now and so "of course" I can celebrate mothers day. He made the day so special and surprised me with flowers and a D-LISH mothers day brunch! The whole day was great and it was full of:

 Decaf mocha coconut frappucinos....YUM!

Fun adventures thrifting in Value Village...the shirt in the belly shot above was scored today!

We found tonnes of great stuff for the bug including a set of wood blocks and these CUTE shoes!


I also did lots of crafting....some new items coming to the Etsy shop this week!!!! I am so happy to have time to craft again! I am so tired lately that a full Mon-Fri 9-5 work week was pooping me out leaving little time for crafts....but until the bug is born I have nothing but time! HOORAY! And I can nap whenever I want, double HOORAY! hahaha!!!!

So off I go now to the scan....here is hoping the bug gave me a mothers day gift and kicked my placenta out of the way! xoxox

Peace, love and pickles!


Click to vote for this blog on Top Baby Blogs xoxo
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

7 comments:

  1. I love that shirt! So much awesome :D

    Keeping all my crossable parts crossed for you, love. Hope your placenta has moved up enough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I love that top too - bug looks cool under there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck today girl! I found your blog through the lemonade blogs! i'm so glad that i did! :) your blog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything went perfectly at the ultrasound today and they saw that your placenta had moved enough for a vaginal birth! Let us all know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am super tired and not up for much blogging today, will post an update tmrw I promise. Thanks for the love ladies! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that you want to go the natural route - but just keep in mind that no matter HOW your beautiful baby gets here, you will still be a team, working together to get the baby into this world.

    Your bug will come however he/she needs to, and they can't do it without your help - I just don't want you to think you're not going to be an awesome kick-ass duo if your body isn't in the exact frame of mind.

    :) Get plenty of rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really like your blog!!!

    I got here through circle of mums and voted for yoU! :)

    cool tattoo too!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete