Monday, April 11, 2011

Motherhood Monday: 32 Weeks

Oh hello fatigue. Nice to meet you. My name is Kami. Guess you are preparing me for when baby comes eh? Well thanks but its not like Im not aware of how much the rug rat will poop me out. What's that you say? Your not going anywhere? So I better get used to it? Geeeee, thanks.

Last night I went to bed at 6:45. Seriously. I was so tired I could NOT keep my eyes open. I woke up a few times but slept pretty well solid until my alarm went off at 6am. It was AWESOME. I didn't get a damn thing done that I had planned to do of course, but for a prego sleep comes first!

I had quite the full weekend though so I am not surprised that I was so pooped. Saturday I chased a two year old around for most of the day, but not just any two year...my KoKo-Ma-Lo! Koan is my best friends son and I was there to see him be born. It was a homebirth and my first experience of midwifes, natural birth, newborn babes THE WORKS! It was life changing I tell you. Needles to say I am fiercely bounded to that little man and love him as if he where my own child. I would do anything for him


Look at those eyes? How can anyone say no to those eyes? Melts my heart every time 


This is what happens when you leave a two year old alone with your camera for a couple minutes. You find some funny pictures later on....




Ryan is still out of town in New York and I miss him something fierce. I threw my back out while playing with Koan, but thankfully was able to ignore the pain until I got home later that night. Pure mind over matter will power because the minute I sat down my back seized on me and I could barely walk. I was in SO MUCH pain Saturday night and all I could think of was "Dear God! What if I was to go into early labour like this?!?! I am paralyzed!!!" After a painful sleep I woke up the next morning and swore that I would get back into pre-natal yoga for the last 8 weeks....I DO NOT want my back to be weak when I will need it the most! Man oh man did I ever miss Ryan that night though. At one point I was stuck sitting on the edge of the couch with my head in my hands, staring at the floor, unable to lift my head or move my body. So I just sat like that. For 30 minutes and listened to a full episode of Two and a Half Men. Pathetic. 


Ryans mommy and Aunty kept me busy the next day though! My back was feeling better and the three of us went out for some girly fun to a baby fair called "Bellies to Babies". It meant the WORLD to me to have them with me, and it was so fun looking at cute baby items and learning about new products and community services I wasn't aware of. I don't talk about it much on here but I don't talk to my own mother, haven't in nearly 6 years, so such moments are really treasured by me. After the fair we went out for lunch and talked girly stuff without the boys around. For me, that is HEAVEN! It was a perfect day and I am so glad to have shared it with two such awesome, loving ladies.

2 comments:

  1. He is precious! I can see why you melt. And what a wonderful outing with your friend and her Aunt. Glad you got your sleep and a fun weekend.
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful and your little pumpkin is gorgeous. It is so weird, I have just done a post today on how magical children are, and then I saw your post on a simliar topic. Keep going honey, I know it can be soooo draining, especially when you have a little one. Wishing you a peaceful night tonight xxx

    ReplyDelete