Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Guest Post: Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup Recipe

Hi! I'm Polly and I blog over at Pixie Mama. I'm so excited to be here guest blogging for Kami today!

I thought that I would share with you one of our absolute favorite soups ever: Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato. The girls all adore it, and I could happily eat it all year round. It's also perfect over pasta too!  Here is my recipe for it:

Ingredients:
1 large butternut squash
1 extra large sweet potato
2 red onions
garlic cloves to taste
1 litre veg stock
coconut milk

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4


Cut the butternut squash in half and remove the seeds. Brush with oil and place on a tray.


Meanwhile, saute the onion and garlic until softened.


Bake the squash and sweet potato until browned and soft through. Then scoop all the flesh out, and place in a pan with the sauteed onions and garlic and half of the stock. Cook through for 10 minutes, then blend adding more liquid as needed (depending how thick/thin you like your soup)

Add some coconut milk if you like or some cream.



Heat back through, and serve with a salad and crusty bread :)

I hope you enjoy it!
***********************************************************************

Thanks Polly, looks super yummy!!!! I can't wait to try this one out. Hey kittens while you are here don;t forget to enter the contest to win a super saucy TIGER PRINT CLUTCH!

4 comments:

  1. I'd make that! I'd probably leave it a bit more chunky since the texture of pureed soups creep me the eff out... but that squash.. DELISH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds super yummy! thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete