Saturday, August 6, 2011

Gettin' My Craft On!

I don't get many chances to craft these days with Claire, but when an opportunity presents itself I am all over it like a fat kid on a smartie! NOM! I get cranky if I don't get me some serious crafting time in....it is my mental floss. The other day Claire had an epic long nap in my Baby Buddah sling (the greatest thing EVER by the way) and so I pulled out my sewing machine. The humm and purr of the machine combined with being close to mamma lulled her into a nice deep sleep. HOORAY! And look what I did with said time:


I made Baby Claire a dress! ANd not just any dress, a leopard print one! RAWR! I am so happy with how it turned out! I made a pattern based on the dress the lovely Maryam of Pamplemouse1983 sent me


 I liked it so much I am working on two more in these awesome vintage fabrics I have:


What do you think? Pretty cute right!?

PS: Don't forget to click here to vote for my blog on Top Baby Blogs! No sign up needed, just a simple click to vote! Thank you so very much xoxoxo
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

8 comments:

  1. that is a super cute dress i really like the button too! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress! I was going through my fabric stash last night and am going to use some fabric I've had for ages into a dress for my daughter. Love a bit of sewing :)
    Popping in from the Rewind

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a super cute dress! I am amazed you got it done whilst you had her in a sling. I could never sew when I had one of mine in a sling they always got in the road... But I am uncoordinated like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it- so cute and great stash use! loving the button flower too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all baby girls should have a leopard skin dress! That is too cute! Thanks for Rewinding x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous dress and that button flower is just adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always very satisfying when you whip something up for the kids. Of course once you have kids it just doesn't happen often enough.
    Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I simply adore the fabrics on this super cute dress. You're very clever! Nice to meet your blog x

    ReplyDelete