Monday, February 14, 2011

Motherhood Mondays: 24 Weeks

As my belly gets bigger my brain gets smaller. I am having more and more "prego brain" moments these days, forgetting names, walking into a room and not knowing why, loosing my train of thought mid-sentence, and my recent personal fave: forgetting the order of the alphabet. I am having so many of these moments that I have given them a new name, because lets face it..."prego brain" gets old pretty fast. Frankly I find it insulting, I am pregnant and busy gestating a human being, not stupid. I simply have more important things to do then remember if g comes before or after f. Like, oh, I dunno, grow a human! So from this point on such moments will now be referred to as "Moments of Awesomeness".

Now I may not have as much brain power these days for normal day to day things, but ask me anything about the birth process and I can talk your ear off for hours! I am fascinated! I am obsessed! I am feeling empowered and in awe of my body and what it is preparing to do. I am surprised at how not scared I feel when I think forward to labour. I know it will be intense, there will be pain, I will be pushed to my limits, tested like never before. But it is a right of passage, an integral part of womanhood that I am preparing for one day at a time. I am going to go through a life changing event, and lets face it, its not just labor. Being pregnant itself is a life changing event with all of the body wisdom and awareness that comes with it.

Follow my blog with bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. You will be changed forever. :) Being a mom is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete